2020 Beginner Basket Making Class
Create a basket from recycled crab-fishing rope and help our beaches! Lots of rope washes ashore. Plastic litter harms the oceans and beaches and the organisms that live there. By picking up and using this rope we can do our bit to improve our enivironment and create something beautiful!
Beach Baskets artist Susan Spence shares the techniques she developed to mold recycled crab-fishing rope into classic and new urn shapes. This is the only beginner class offered in 2020.
June 13, 2020, 1-5pm
Class limited to 10
Marie Powel Studio
177 Howerton Way SE, Port of Ilwaco, Ilwaco, WA
WHAT YOU GET
• 4 hours of close-up instruction
• Class materials: rope, twine, yarn
• Your basket
• Light refreshments
1. Project Planning - rope and yarn types
2. The base - the ‘magic circle’
3. The body - changing yarn, keeping it tight
4. Finishing - handles, poofs and wrapping
Crochet or knitting experience very helpful.
Non-refundable two weeks before class. We reserve the right to cancel any workshop, in which case we will make a full refund.