NOVEMBER 2019 Beginner Class
Release your creativity making baskets from recycled fishing rope, chatting with new friends and sipping some wine.
Wednesday, November 20, 2019
1-5pm • $125
Marie Powel Workshop
177 Howerton Way SE, Port of Ilwaco, Ilwaco, WA
WHAT YOU GET
• 4 hours of close-up instruction
• Class materials: rope, twine, yarn
• Your basket
Beach Baskets artist Susan Spence shares techniques
that can be used to create any basket.
1. Project Planning - rope and yarn types
2. The basics - learning the basic stitch
3. The body - changing yarn, shaping your basket
4. Finishing - handles, 'poofs' and wrapping
Crochet or knitting experience helpful but not required. Left handers must be able to reverse instructions (I just can't make my mind do it). TIP: Go to YouTube to watch basic single stitch crochet tutorials for a head start.
• If cancellation is requested at least one week before the class, all monies will be returned to the applicant minus an administration fee of $20.
• No refund if participant cancels within 7 days from class date.
• Beach Baskets reserves the right to cancel the workshop for any reason necessary. Payment for the workshop will be reimbursed in full to the participants immediately upon an announced cancellation.