SEPTEMBER 2019 Intermediate Class
Create your next treasure! Join the Intermediate Beach Basket class and build a larger basket. Must have taken the Beginner Beach Basket Class or have crochet experience. Everything to make the basket will be provided but feel free to bring your own foraged rope. Learning two base techniques and controlling the shape will be our focus.
Saturday, September 288, 2019
1-5pm • $100 - Class limited to 10
Marie Powel Workshop - 177 Howerton Way SE, Port of Ilwaco, Ilwaco, WA
WHAT YOU GET
• 4 hours of close-up instruction
• Class materials: rope, twine, yarn
• Your basket
Beach Baskets artist Susan Spence shares techniques that can be used to create any basket.
1. Project Planning - rope and yarn types
2. Magic Circle - learn how to create your base
3. The body - changing yarn, keeping it tight
4. Finishing - handles, 'poofs' and wrapping
Left handers must be able to reverse instructions (Sorry, I just can't make my mind do it).
• If cancellation is requested at least one week before the class, all monies will be returned to the applicant minus an administration fee of $20.
• No refund if participant cancels within 7 days from class date.
• Beach Baskets reserves the right to cancel the workshop for any reason necessary. Payment for the workshop will be reimbursed in full to the participants immediately upon an announced cancellation.